The Fall Simulated Emergency Test (SET) exercise will be Saturday, October 3rd. BCARPSG, along with clubs and amateurs across Western Pennsylvania, will be participating in this test of communications and emergency preparedness.
Date & Time: Saturday, October 3rd. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM EDT.
Incident Radio Communications Plan: CLICK Here to Download the Keystone Horizon 2020 SET ICS Plan
Documents & Forms
THE FOLLOWING IS A SIMULATED EMERGENCY FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY. NONE OF THE INFORMATION BELOW IS REAL OR SHOULD BE ACTED UPON BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE TEST EXERCISE PARTICIPANTS. THE STATEMENTS BELOW DO NOT CONVEY ANY ACCURATE OR REALISTIC INFORMATION, AND DO NOT REFLECT CURRENT WEATHER CONDITIONS IN BUTLER COUNTY, PA.
- Assignment of ACS Operator(s) to Shelters – Within Butler County, the Butler Area Senior High(New Castle Rd.), Moniteau(RT38, just beyond West Sunbury) and or Seneca Valley Schools (RT68 Zelienople) have been utilized in the past as shelters. Butler and Moniteau, no problem with Comm Links, Seneca Valley, not so much. You should be aware Butler County no longer has a local Red Cross Chapter, any and all shelter activities would be provided through mutual aid agreements with counties surrounding Butler, most likely Allegheny, Beaver or Venango.
- Assignment of ACS Field Team Operators to local Fire Departments to assist as needed i.e., monitoring stream and creek levels for flooding, downed electrical lines or communication shortfalls (Cellphone overloads). However, within Butler County the Fire Police and CB Rangers are usually called upon for major traffic control activities
Guidelines for EOC:
- If possible, establish communication contacts with surrounding counties either simplex or repeater
- If possible, as time and traffic permits, establish digital communication with one or more shelter operators
- If possible, as time and traffic permits, send a Radiogram via HF 3.983MHz and receive a Radiogram via HF 3.973MHz to and from K3MJW
- Terminate the Net promptly at 1230 and thank all participants
- Forward all check-in / activity info to TBT for reporting
Guidelines for participants:
- Accept assignments as they will all be virtual, participate, ad-lib but keep it realistic and most importantly, by all means have fun!!
- N3WH has volunteered to be Net Control for the Sky Warn Net on 147.360 MHz.
- KB3TBT although engaged with a prior commitment, will attempt to handle all DMR Activity requirements