The Fall Simulated Emergency Test (SET) exercise will be Saturday, October 2. BCARPSG, along with clubs and amateurs across Western Pennsylvania, will be participating in this test of communications and emergency preparedness.
Date & Time: Saturday, October 2. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM EDT.
Ops Plan: CLICK Here to Download the CASCADE HORIZON Overview and Plan for the Fall 2021 S.E.T Drill.
Incident Radio Communications Plan: CLICK Here to Download the CASCADE HORIZON Fall 2021 SET ICS Plan.
Butler County Local Repeaters: 147.300 Primary Repeater / 443.9 Repeater Alternate. Tone 131.8 Hz
Documents & Forms
THE FOLLOWING IS A SIMULATED EMERGENCY FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY. NONE OF THE INFORMATION BELOW IS REAL OR SHOULD BE ACTED UPON BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE TEST EXERCISE PARTICIPANTS. THE STATEMENTS BELOW DO NOT CONVEY ANY ACCURATE OR REALISTIC INFORMATION, AND DO NOT REFLECT CURRENT WEATHER CONDITIONS IN BUTLER COUNTY, PA.
Read the following statement at the beginning of the Net and at 1030 and 1130.
QST, QST, QST, this is (CALL SIGN, ALPHA / NUMERICAL) Net Control for the Butler County Region 13 Auxiliary Communications Service.
A strong tropical depression (973mb) has stalled over western and central Pennsylvania bringing (1) heavy rains in excess of five inches (2) widespread flooding, (3) sustained winds of thirty five mph with higher gusts, and (4) a wide variety of damage to infrastructure.
Many counties are reporting (1) flooding with roads and bridges being washed out, (2) downed utility lines with loss of services, and (3) residents needing emergency shelter.
All ACS amateur radio operators are requested to check into the Net stating your callsign and availability for an ACS assignment. I will now accept check-ins, please call (CALLSIGN).
Acknowledge check-ins as required.
- Assignment of ACS Operator(s) to Shelters – Within Butler County, the Butler Area Senior High(New Castle Rd.), Moniteau(RT38, just beyond West Sunbury) and or Seneca Valley Schools (RT68 Zelienople) have been utilized in the past as shelters. Butler and Moniteau, no problem with Comm Links, Seneca Valley, not so much. You should be aware Butler County no longer has a local Red Cross Chapter, any and all shelter activities would be provided through mutual aid agreements with counties surrounding Butler, most likely Allegheny, Beaver or Venango.
- Assignment of ACS Field Team Operators to local Fire Departments to assist as needed i.e., monitoring stream and creek levels for flooding, downed electrical lines or communication shortfalls (Cellphone overloads). However, within Butler County the Fire Police and CB Rangers are usually called upon for major traffic control activities
Guidelines for EOC:
- If possible, establish communication contacts with surrounding counties either simplex or repeater
- If possible, as time and traffic permits, establish digital communication with one or more shelter operators
- If possible, as time and traffic permits, send a Radiogram via HF 3.983MHz and receive a Radiogram via HF 3.973MHz to and from K3MJW
- Terminate the Net promptly at 1230 and thank all participants
- Forward all check-in / activity info to TBT for reporting
Guidelines for participants:
- Accept assignments, participate, ad-lib but keep it realistic and most importantly, by all means have fun!!