We have expanded our license exam schedule to make it easier for you to test for your new amateur radio license or upgrade your existing license.
Effective immediately we will be offering two exam sessions per month plus an optional ad-hoc session as needed.
- Second Wednesday Session – We will hold amateur radio license exams on the second Wednesday of each month. These sessions will take place immediately following our monthly meeting which starts at 7:30 PM. The sessions will be held at the Butler County Emergency Operations Center, 120 McCune Drive, Butler, PA.
- Third Saturday Session – We will hold amateur radio license exams on the third Saturday of each month at a location to be determined.
- Ad-Hoc Sessions – We can schedule ad-hoc sessions anytime if your work/life commitments do not fit into the times above.
- Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to testing.
- Please bring two #2 pencils, scratch paper, and a check for $15 made out to ARRL.
- Please bring two forms of ID, and a copy of your current license (if you are upgrading) or your FCC Registration Number (FRN) if this will be your first license.
- New applicants should create an account at the FCC’s Registration Page prior to attending the exam session. You will be issued your new FRN when creating your account. Bring this number with you to the exam.
- Please see the ARRL’s What to Bring to an Exam page for a complete list.
If you would like to schedule an exam or if you have any questions please contact our License Exam Coordinator, Mike Mullas at firstname.lastname@example.org.